The History of MPRWF
Our local Club was founded as the Monterey Peninsula Republican Women’s Club on November 9, 1949. Founding members included Daisy Taylor, Ethel Young, and Dorothy Green Chapman.
In November 1950, the Club became a member of the California Council of Republican Women, and the National Federation of Women’s Clubs. At that time there were 400 local members.
In 1952, the Monterey Peninsula group divided into two clubs: Monterey Bay Republican Women’s Club, and the Carmel Republican Women’s Club. The first president of the Carmel club was Virginia Stanton, and its initial membership was 586.